It's a welcome time of year following a long winter, but springtime brings a new set of responsibilities that you should be aware of in order to keep your home in good shape.
Consider these home maintenance tips as you gear up for spring:
- Check Your Gutters — Inspect gutters or downspouts to ensure the spring rains will be properly drained away from your home to avoid flooding or water damage.
- Inspect The Roof — Check your roof for any signs of warping, cracking or loose shingles or tiles. Inspect any flashing around chimneys, skylights or vents, and replace any damaged materials. If necessary, hire a licensed roofer to make the repairs.
- Seal windows and doors —The cold winter weather can loosen, harden and crack seals around windows and doors. Inspect these areas and make the necessary repairs to help keep water and unwanted pests out of your home and reduce summer cooling costs.
- Fix Concrete Cracks — Take the time to inspect your driveway, sidewalk and other paths on your property. The freezing and thawing that comes with changing seasons can cause plenty of damage to concrete and asphalt.
- Beat The Heat — Even though the rising temperatures are welcome now, come summer, you may need some relief. Plan ahead and have a qualified heating and cooling professional check on your air conditioning system now so that it is ready to operate at peak efficiency.
Owning a home means that there is a constant need for upkeep and maintenance. As such, it's important that you know which challenges and tasks should be prioritized and when.
Get A Quote