There are so many things to do and consider when deciding whether or not to go into business for yourself. One very important item to consider is the potential you have to be sued because of your actions or inaction as a business owner. We have listed some common potential liability exposures business owners face:
- Premises Liability – the potential for visitors to be injured or harmed while at a business location.
- Operations Liability – the potential for injury to occur because of the work performed by the business.
- Products Liability – the potential for products manufactured by a business to cause harm or injury
- Injury to employees – laws exist that dictate the liability a business owner can have when an employee is injured during the course of employment.
- Professional liability – Professionals, for example doctors and lawyers, can have additional legal duties placed on them because of their professional status.
- Management Liability – the potential for directors and officers of a business to be liable because of their responsibilities to those they serve.
Let our agency help you determine what risks your business can face and the appropriate insurance coverage you need so you can rest easy knowing you are properly covered at a cost that can meet your budget. Call us today at (306) 693-7640 for a free business owners insurance quote.