Why Do I Need A Home Inventory?
Creating a home inventory is super important! It's not only vital for insurance purposes (in the event that your home gets destroyed), but also for maintenance, estate planning, and marketing your home when the time comes to sell it someday. Is this process time-consuming? It can be, depending on the size of your home and the volume of your possessions. But is it worth the effort? Ask anyone who's had to recreate an inventory of their possessions from memory after experiencing a house fire.
The great news is that there are tools on the market that make the process of creating a home inventory easy. We, at Heritage Insurance use HomeZada. It makes light work out of taking/uploading photos and documents, and updating existing information in your home inventory.
Every insurance company recommends their policyholders have a home inventory to make sure they are properly insured and prepared with documentation in case their home is damaged or destroyed. HomeZada uses inventory object recognition video A.I. to simplify the process of creating a home inventory.
Homeowners can take a video of every room in their home, and the AI detects the objects inside the video to create a home inventory for them.
Creating a home inventory with video saves the consumer lots of time, thus they are more likely to do it. If they decide to share it with their insurance company, they can verify that they have the appropriate amount of coverage so that they are not under-insured. If a fire, flood or another disaster (hurricane, tornado, wildfire, etc.) were to destroy the house, you win because you get reimbursed properly and in a timely fashion.
- Smart inventory templates makes it simple and easy to create your inventory list
- Itemize your contents for insurance purposes in case of a claim
- Track your fixed assets like equipment, appliances, fixtures and building materials
- Upload and tag photos, videos, and documents to your rooms and inventory items
- Make sure you are properly insured with dashboards that summarize your items
- Access your inventory with any device from our secure, cloud infrastructure
- Track your contents inventory to manage your movers when moving
Contact us today to find out more about HomeZada and how our clients can use it for free.