Don't get burned from not knowing how to protect yourself in a fire! Take this safety quiz to test your fire safety knowledge to keep you safe on the job.
- If you are working and smell smoke, what should you do?
- a.) Feel the doorknob/handle and around the door frame before opening it.
- b.) Quickly open the door to see if there are flames or smoke.
- c.) Go back to work until someone gives you more direction.
- When trying to escape and your clothes catch on fire, what is your next move?
- a.) Quickly get to a bathroom or sink to put out the flames.
- b.) Stop, drop and roll.
- c.) Have someone hit you with cloth to put it out.
- When smoke enters your work area, you should drop to your knees and crawl to the nearest exit because smoke rises and is thinnest close to the ground.
- Using the elevator during a fire is unsafe because the flames can burn through electrical wires and cause the elevator to stop.
- Once outside the building, if you notice other employees are not accounted for you should:
- a.) Go back in to see if you can find them.
- b.) Notify emergency personnel that there may still be people inside.
1. A, 2. B, 3. A, 4. A, 5. B