With harvest season upon us, here are a few tips when dealing with farm equipment on highways and public roads.
• If you find yourself behind farm machinery, treat it like you would any slow-moving traffic:
be patient and pass only when it’s safe.
• Farm equipment is often much wider and longer than expected, so make sure you give yourself plenty of time and space to safely pass.
• Farmers are usually only transporting their machinery from one field to another, so they won’t be on the roads for a long distance; be patient you won’t be behind them for long.
• The operator of the farm equipment may not be able to see you, or be able to signal their intent to turn or slow down, so make sure you give them plenty of room.
• Sometimes during harvest there is alot of dust/dirt in the air that can cause low visability,
be sure to drive with your headlights on and be careful of oncoming trafic when passing.
We hope everyone has a safe 2022 harvest